[Ecls-list] Callbacks from unknown foreign threads

Luke Crook luke at balooga.com
Thu Jan 15 17:39:58 UTC 2009

Does ECL handle callbacks from unknown foreign threads? I'm trying to implement
an audio mixer on top of SDL. The SDL.dll creates a dedicated thread to handle
audio, and this thread calls back into the Lisp process for audio data. This is
supported in Lispworks but not in SBCL or CLISP (I think). I believe Corman
Lisp has a mechanism to bless foreign threads not directly created by the Lisp
envirnment. Does ECL have anything similar?

Thanks,
- Luke