[Ecls-list] How to get git branches?

Muhammad Haggag mhaggag at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 03:16:31 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 8:00 PM, Waldek Hebisch
<hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl> wrote:

>> > git-clone 'http://tream.dreamhosters.com/git/?p=lisp/ecl.git/.git' ecl
>> >
>> > gives me:
>> >
>> > error: Can't lock ref
>>
>> I've done the same thing with gitweb repos.  Try this instead.
>>
>> # git clone http://tream.dreamhosters.com/git/lisp/ecl.git
>>

> This gives me the same result like sourceforge: I get part of the
> repositiry and than it hangs.

It's worth noting that I have had the same problems trying to clone
the repo from Egypt. The connection was fine, and I could easily check
out the CVS version, but I could never clone the git repo. The only
thing I see in common here is that both our connections are going
through Europe (I'm assuming you're connecting from Poland. My
connection back in Egypt went through London to the US). Do we have
other people connecting through Europe successfully cloning the repo?

--
Muhammad Haggag