[Ecls-list] CLX open-display

Julian Stecklina js at alien8.de
Tue Feb 24 15:09:57 UTC 2009

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 5:34 AM, Julian Stecklina <js at alien8.de> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have just build ECL with --with-clx and did
>>  (require :sockets)
>>  (require :clx)
>>  (xlib:open-default-display)
>> which just hangs and does nothing. *bummer*
>>
>> Btw, shouldn't (require :clx) pull in sockets on its own?
>
> Two fixes:
>
> - Due to a wrong conditional, CLX did not require the sockets library.
>
> - There was a typo in the I/O streams code that broke CLX.

I get:

Filesystem error with pathname "build:clx;module.lisp".
Either
 1) the file does not exist, or
 2) we are not allow to access the file, or
 3) the pathname points to a broken symbolic link.

when building ECL. This seems to be introduced by 'CLX registers itself
with *MODULES* and requires SOCKETS. Split SOCKETS's package definition
into a different file so that CLX can load it before being compiled.'.

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding