[Ecls-list] How to get git branches?

Waldek Hebisch hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl
Mon Feb 23 16:37:07 UTC 2009

How to get git brach?  I want to try new_cfun but to the moment
I have no success trying to fetch it.  I tried

git-clone http://ecls.sourceforge.net/git/ecl/.git

but that sooner or later gets stuck -- after fetching part
of archive it just waits with no progress.  I tried this several
time hoping that it may succeed when sourceforge is less busy
-- once I got up to 28 MB of data, but typically I get between
14-17MB.  Is there a way to restart transfer?  When I control-C
git-clone it erases all data it has fetched.

I also tried:

git-fetch http://ecls.sourceforge.net/git/ecl/.git new_cfun

but this just tells me:

fatal: Not a git repository: '.git'