[Ecls-list] Any documentation for the C library?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 23 09:29:26 UTC 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 5:32 PM, Nikhilesh S <s.nikhilesh at gmail.com> wrote:
> There's quite a bit of documentation on the Lisp side in the ECL Manual,
> but what about the C library (such as 'cl_make_cfun', 'cl_object'
> etc.)? I searched a bit, but couldn't find anything.

No documentation about that yet. Any function that is defined in the
Common Lisp standard can be called and works the same as in the
standard, so there is no need for documenting them. Many functions are
just optimized versions that do not check arguments, and have the same
name as the lisp standard functions, but with prefix ecl_ instead of
cl_ Other functions are for internal use, such as cl_make_cfun, etc
are in general not expected to be called directly. In general you can
do pretty much everything with the standard functions, both in lisp
and in C.