[Ecls-list] [ANN] ECL 9.12.3

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr at integrable-solutions.net
Tue Dec 22 05:26:45 UTC 2009

> 2) I don't know if it's true, but according to Wikipedia, there is no compiler
> which fully supports the C++ standard. Sun certainly do not claim to, but
> libstlport is closer to the latest standard than libCstd.

The full comformance to "C++ standard" is usually an academic discussion.
But the the record, yes there at least one compiler I've used that "fully"
(in quote because I do not formal certification) conforms to the C++ sandard:
take any free library implementation out there and combine it with the EDG
front-end (such combinations abound in the real world).
The real question is where does it matter and for what functionalities?
PS: the same point can be made for the ISO C90 standard.

-- Gaby