[Ecls-list] Trying to compile ecl on armel (round 2)

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 18 13:09:58 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 2:08 AM, Elliott
Slaughter<elliottslaughter at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using the Maemo SDK+ 1.0.0 [1] from Nokia. The SDK includes the cross
> compiler [2], the emulator (qemu), etc, the versions of which are all
> determined by the rootstrap (I'm using the last version for diablo [3]).
> Hope this helps.

I have been working for two days with the maemo-sdk v4.1.

For some reason the garbage collector fails to work on it. Trying a
newer version of the garbage collector also does not seem to help. But
as I said, it is a problem with the Boehm-Weiser garbage collection
library: it generates SIGSEGV signals without apparent reason.

Unfortunately the maemo environment is deficient enough that debugging
is not possible (I had to use printfs everywhere to find the problem)
and it is currently out of my reach to find out the actual problem
with that library.

>From what I can say, this is not arm-specific, for the same library
works in other ARM emulator images, with probably newer versions of
qemu -- it is difficult for me to find out the version used by
scratchbox here, but it seems to be lacking a lot of system calls.