[Ecls-list] Slime is not working after latest changes

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Mon Aug 17 18:41:49 UTC 2009

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 20:22:38 +0200
Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Setting the default buffering to NIL (:NONE, synonyms actually) will
> only break code that does not supply a default value for the buffering
> -- which is in any case a bad idea if your code _does_ rely on a
> certain buffering type -- and would keep current Slime users happy.

True.  I don't object to using :none/nil default instead of :full, my
code also explicitely specifies the wanted buffering mode.

Of course, swank should eventually also use a buffered mode but when/if
it does it'll also just specify the :buffering it wants as you said, so
it's also not a problem.

Thanks,
--
Matt