[Ecls-list] Slime is not working after latest changes

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Mon Aug 17 15:45:45 UTC 2009

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 17:21:19 +0200
Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Now I seem to recall that your patches changed the default type of
> buffer from NIL (= no buffer) to :full. Probably undoing that would be
> enough?

Maybe, although SBCL sb-bsd-sockets uses :full by default itself, so it
depends how much backwards compatibility to ECL is wanted VS how much
SBCL compatibility (and indeed ECL backwards compatibility could be a
valid concern if there is enough code relying on the old behavior).

Also, I tested slime with CVS HEAD ECL with the attached slime diff and
it works fine again for me.  However this diff would probably have to
check against ext:+ecl-version-number+ ideally if it was to be part of
official slime so that it keeps working with old releases?

Thanks,
--
Matt