[Ecls-list] Slime is not working after latest changes

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Mon Aug 17 14:52:14 UTC 2009

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 12:49:07 +0200
Marko Kocić <marko.kocic at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes. I removed all stale files.

Those changes were to make contrib/socket.lisp more SBCL compatible.

I also get that slime problem, although I tested the changes before
submitting the patch in the PR, I hadn't tested them with slime, only
ECL's repl.  It probably has to do with the fact that the stream is now
fully buffered (it previously wasn't buffered at all).  swank-sbcl.lisp
is somewhat different on the way it supplies the :buffering parameter
(it seems to use what accept-connection is passed or :full)...  While
ECL accept-connection ignores the buffering parameter and the result is
always a fully buffered one.

There are other differences, i.e. specifying :external-format for
SBCL+unicode, using 'character :element-type VS 'base-char, and using
input-ready-p which uses read-char-no-hang and unread-char...

Probably that some fixes to swank-ecl.lisp will be needed,
unfortunately.  The simplest fix for now would be to
add :buffering :none to the sb-bsd-sockets:socket-make-stream call I
think.
--
Matt