[Ecls-list] Any git experts here?

Marko Kocić marko.kocic at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 09:59:51 UTC 2009

The easiest way is to add new remote to your cloned repo (the one that
has newcompiler branch),
You can git remote add sf git://path-to-sf-repo

Then you can push your branch to sf repo as new branch. I don't
remember cmdline syntax cause I always use "git gui" when I want to
push new branch to some repo for the first time.

That's if you want to publish your working branch as is. If you want
to push your changes to master when you finish, you can use rebase
feature. Eg
git rebase master newcompiler
git checkout master
git merge newcompiler
// This way you'll end up with old master + all newcompiler commits on
top of it.
git push

Regards,
Marko