[Ecls-list] Missing thread-related diff :)

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Sat Aug 15 21:31:41 UTC 2009

On Tue, 7 Jul 2009 02:59:25 -0400
Matthew Mondor <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net> wrote:

> Oh well, the same with boehm-gc HEAD and ECL HEAD as well.

I could debug this further today and noticed that the problem had to do
with __thread tls usage, which I'm unsure NetBSD even supports.  8.12.0
configure script defaulted to --with-__thread=no, when 9.x to
--with-__thread=auto, and autotools gcc test appear to succeed so
WITH___THREAD was being defined changing the code path from standard
pthread_key_t to __thread.

So I confirm that built on netbsd-5 with --enable-threads
--with-__thread=no ECL no longer gets stuck in ecl_min.  I submitted
diffs to the related NetBSD PR so that pkgsrc will use this configure
option when built on NetBSD in the future if the thread option is
enabled (see
http://mail-index.NetBSD.org/pkgsrc-bugs/2009/08/15/msg033401.html for
reference).

Thanks,