[Ecls-list] Trying to compile ecl on armel (round 2)

Elliott Slaughter elliottslaughter at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 06:38:06 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am once again trying to cross compile ecl 9.8.3 for an armel processor
(Nokia N810 device). All my attempts so far have ended in the following. I
have tried with and without --with-fpe=no .

if [ -f CROSS-COMPILER ]; then \
        ./CROSS-COMPILER compile; \
    else \
        ECLDIR=`pwd`/ ./ecl_min compile; \
    fi

Internal or unrecoverable error in:
Got signal before environment was installed on our thread.
  [22: Invalid argument]
qemu: uncaught target signal 6 (Aborted) - core dumped
/opt/maemo/dists/lenny-2009-1/bin/bash: line 4: 14431
Aborted                 ECLDIR=`pwd`/ ./ecl_min compile

It seems that the emulator is unable to run whatever binary is being
produced.

Again, any assistance would be appreciated. I can provide the full session
log.

Thanks.

--
Elliott Slaughter

"Don't worry about what anybody else is going to do. The best way to predict
the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay