[Ecls-list] Trivial Garbage failure on MinGW

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 14 09:17:46 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 5:15 AM, Elliott
Slaughter<elliottslaughter at gmail.com> wrote:
> When I try ECL 9.8.3 (compiled with MinGW), I get the following error in
> `L14finalize':
> c:/bin/asdf/trivial-garbage/trivial-garbage.c:273: undefined reference to
> `si_get_finalizer'

In ecl/src/h/external.h  you will find a line saying

extern cl_object si_get_finalizer(cl_object o);
extern cl_object si_set_finalizer(cl_object o, cl_object finalizer);

when it should say

extern ECL_API cl_object si_get_finalizer(cl_object o);
extern ECL_API cl_object si_set_finalizer(cl_object o, cl_object finalizer);

otherwise the symbols do not get exported from the ECL library. I have
committed a patch to git/CVS