[Ecls-list] Another bugfix release

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 12 22:32:12 UTC 2009

ECL 9.8.3:
==========

* Bugs fixed:

 - FLOAT-SIGN ignored the second argument.

I know I should have done this before producing a new file, but better
later than never. With this fix, the number of regressions in Maxima
decreases enormously, leaving just about four or five failed tests.

One of the failed tests is related to FLOAT, and the conversion of a
rational to a double float. The point is that GMP's mpq_get_d
truncates to zero, while Maxima expects FLOAT to round. I am not sure
that the later assumption is reasonable, and without mpq_get_d it
would get too complicated...