[Ecls-list] Latest changes (patch release soon to be made)

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Tue Aug 11 04:45:36 UTC 2009

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 00:16:50 +0200
Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Please report whether --enable-rpath works with your FreeBSD, NetBSD
> or OpenBSD boxes. I could only test it with Linux, Solaris and OS X.

I can confirm this works fine on NetBSD.  I however noticed an extra /
which other software using RPATH lack, but by POSIX this is equivalent
and doesn't matter.

$ ldd /usr/local/ecl/bin/ecl
/usr/local/ecl/bin/ecl:
        -lc.12 => /usr/lib/libc.so.12
        -lm.0 => /usr/lib/libm.so.0
        -lecl.9.8 => /usr/local/ecl/lib//libecl.so.9.8

$ objdump -p /usr/local/ecl/bin/ecl | grep RPATH
  RPATH       /usr/local/ecl/lib/

(the extra / could be omitted yet as I said this doesn't matter).

Thanks,
--
Matt