[Ecls-list] About regression tests and libraries

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Wed Aug 5 17:39:43 UTC 2009

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll writes:

> What I would like to ask CL developers is to begin shipping regression
> tests with their libraries, and perhaps agree on an standard so that
> one can programatically check whether a library builds or not. This
> feature could be even included in ASDF, asdf-install, etc, just like
> "make check" is now a de-facto standad in Autoconf.

There's (ASDF:OOS 'ASDF:TEST-OP <system>), and on very recent revisions
even (ASDF:TEST-SYSTEM <system>) as an abbeviation.

I don't think this has been properly documented in the manual of ASDF
yet. I hence CC'd the asdf-devel mailing list so this will hopefully get
promoted with the due it deserves.

  -T.