[Ecls-list] We have an 'ecl' which builds on Solaris SPARC !!!

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 3 07:56:08 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 9:28 AM, Dr. David Kirkby<david.kirkby at onetel.net> wrote:
> I believe he still has some issues on Solaris Intel using gcc 4.4.1.
> That version of gcc was only released on 22nd July 2009 (< 2 weeks ago).

Seems 4.4.1 is doing fine after I reverted some changes from MPIR back
into GMP. The tests are also running fine and should pop up in
http://ecls.sourceforge.net/logs.html in a couple of hours.

> The .spkg, which I've called a '.p0' is really more than a patch, as its
>  a complete checkout of the CVS. It has things we have no use for in
> Sage (the .spkg is over twice the size of the original one). So I am NOT
> proposing this particular .spkg goes into Sage.

As I told David, there will be a new release, probably before the
beginning of next week. You can use that in the spkg instead of the
unstable sources. I would like, though, that some developers of Sage
keep a copy of the unstable tree so that I can quickly answer back
with fixes to the problems you may find, giving me back your feedback
on those builds.

> For whatever reason, Maximum and this ecl don't get on too well as
> friends!! The obvious thing for me to do is to run the ecl test suite.
> But this is certainly progress.
> [...]
> /export/home/drkirkby/sage/sage-4.1.1.rc0/spkg/build/maxima-5.16.3.p2/src/src/db.lisp,
> position 5563, and form
> ;;;   (FSET 'QUEUE+P #'(LAMBDA-BLOCK QUEUE+P # ...))
> ;;; In the argument 1 of a call to CAR, the type of the form (LOGIOR
> LAB-HIGH-BIT (UNLAB LAB)) is INTEGER, not LIST.

Ooops, ECL now implements a better type propagator, which has detected
an error in the following function

(defun queue+p (nd lab)
  (cond ((null (setq *db* (+labs nd)))
         (iorm *db* (logior +lab-high-bit+ (unlab lab))))))

Based on this definition

(defmacro iorm (cell n)
  `(rplaca ,cell (logior (car ,cell) (car ,n))))

the second argument to (IORM *db* ...) should be a cons, not an integer.