[Ecls-list] Maximum Memory Size in ECL?

Jean-Claude Beaudoin jean.claude.beaudoin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 10:35:22 UTC 2009

After some extensive source code browsing I finally understood the role
of the  ECL_OPT_HEAP_SIZE enum and of its associated hard-coded default
value
of 128 Meg in vector "option_values".

In the current state of the code there is indeed a hard-coded upper limit on
the total
memory ECL can use.  It is basically 128 Meg of heap space plus a few other
Megs
of private (probably static) space.  If one recompiles with a different
value in the
proper entry of "option_values" the then resulting instance of ECL will use
the newly
provided value as its limit.

Is there any reason for "option_values" not to be accessible from some
command line
argument?  Is this simply that the code for that never got completed? The
"option_values"
vector seems such a natural thing to control through command  line
arguments...

Cheers,

Jean-Claude Beaudoin