[Ecls-list] ECL 9.3.0 pre-release

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 1 09:24:11 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 10:32 PM, Waldek Hebisch
<hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl> wrote:
> On one long-running test using ecl-9.3 I get 61.12s runtime while
> using ecl-8.12 I get 74.25s.  So for normal use ecl-9.3 gives
> significantly faster code.  ATM I do not know why I get so
> large systme time during build.

That is good news! Regarding builds, the times are dominated by the
compilation and linking phases. This also happens with the test suite,
which saturates at current running times and any improvement --
function calls, garbage collection, etc -- has minimal effects.