[Ecls-list] wrong value for (float-sign -0.0)

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 03:11:17 UTC 2008

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

>>  Some discussions on comp.arch.arithmetic from
>> knowledgeable people think signed zeroes without an unsigned zero is
>> bad.
>>

> Well, hearsays are not very helpful, especially when they are not substantiated.

You are free to use google to find the discussions if you don't believe
me.  They may have even written papers about it; I don't know.   But
since you have already convinced yourself the IEEE754 is it, then
there's no point in further discussion on this issue.  Hardware is what
it is, for better or worse.

Ray