[Ecls-list] [Maxima] segmentation fault with Maxima/ECL

Claus Brod claus.brod at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 25 21:24:37 UTC 2008

> >From my point of view, it would be enough to at least detect a stack
> overflow, so that a Lisp error can be triggered, instead of having the
> process die with a segfault.

I don't know how you'd do this on, say, a Linux system. But I can tell you
from my own experience that it can be done on Windows, and that it involves
some *serious* low-level hackery. Worse, the nature of those hacks is that
they are intrusive, i.e. if they were implemented in the ECL DLL, they would
change and maybe even break the behavior of the embedding app. Hence, I'd
try to exhaust all other options first.

Claus

http://www.clausbrod.de/Blog