[Ecls-list] Mapping between Lisp names, and C names

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Wed Sep 24 15:10:17 UTC 2008

What is the best way to create a mapping between Lisp names and C names?

For example, map "PAIRLIS" to "cl_pairlis", or "SI::COPY-STREAM" to
"si_copy_stream". For functions, there's `cl_symbols'
src/c/symbols_list[2].h, but I'd like it for constants, types, etc.,
too.

For instance, "READTABLE" should be mapped to "t_readtable" and
"ecl_readtable".

The rationale is to make M-. work on it in Slime. I could just try to
hack up some string translation that automatically substitutes
underscores for dashes, and adds "cl_" / "ecl_" etc. prefixes.

But perhaps there's a better way?

  -T.