[Ecls-list] [Maxima] segmentation fault with Maxima/ECL

Robert Dodier robert.dodier at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 19:46:09 UTC 2008

On 9/21/08, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

>  Both things, the fact that the lisp variable
>  *readtable* does not contain a valid readtable and the fact that the
>  fundamental readtable got corrupt are symptoms of something different,
>  I would say.

Well, the readtable stuff comes into play because at some point
in the evaluation of that recursive function, eval_string is called
which parses a string into a Maxima expression. My guess is that
the readtable is just a more or less random object which is clobbered,
and if it weren't the readtable it would be some other random object.

best

Robert Dodier