[Ecls-list] (compile) leaks zero-length temporary files

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 14 08:14:59 UTC 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 2:26 AM, Josh Elsasser <josh at elsasser.org> wrote:

> COMPILE calls mkstemp twice, and forgets about the first call when it
> comes time to delete temporary files.  I'm not sure why, perhaps it
> was debugging code that snuck in with the WITH-COMPILATION-UNIT
> changes last month?  Whatever the cause, the following patch fixes it
> for me.

The cause was that at some point I implemented mergin of data files from
multiple objects and an intermediate file was needed. After some fiddling
around I found this was not worth the memory saved and probably forgot to
remove those definitions.

> Oh, and before I forget again, is there any reason that ecl defaults
> to putting temporary files in the current directory instead of /tmp?

No.

Instituto de Física Fundamental
CSIC, Serrano, 113, Madrid 28040 (Spain)