[Ecls-list] Patch: FTYPE proclamations with DEFTYPE'd types.

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr at integrable-solutions.net
Sat Sep 13 00:23:43 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 5:27 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 12:28 AM, Josh Elsasser <josh at elsasser.org> wrote:
>>
>> I forgot to send this one before, it attempts to normalize the types
>> used in an FTYPE declaration or proclamation so that function types
>> defined with DEFTYPE can be used.
>
> This has been committed to CVS today. Thanks again for the patch.

Thanks!

I just updated my tree to see if this fixed a problem I've been
seeing in OpenAxiom where ECL seems unable to correctly
propagate  some proclamations involving DEFTYPEs.
So far, it seems no.

However, I realize that ECL reports 8.9.0 as version, when previously
it said 0.9l.  I was under the impression that you did not want to
release 1.0 before the compiler is stable.  How should I interpret
the new version?

-- Gaby