[Ecls-list] ECL on iPhone

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 9 20:33:28 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 9:34 PM, Red Daly <reddaly at gmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, I am still having problems.  I believe I am getting through
> the configuration process without any warnings (at least when I compile
> without GMP). There are new problems in what appears to be the lisp phase of
> the build. [...]
> ;;; Compiling (DEFVAR *PROFILED-FUN-NAME->INFO* ...).
> ;;; Warning: Ignoring definition for class PROFILE-INFO
> ;;; No class named PROFILE-INFO.

This is a contributed module which sometimes causes problems. You can
deactivate it with --without-profile

> From what I can tell, one problem is that not all the GCC flags I specified
> in the configuration stage are preserved in this latter stage of the
> build.[...]
> does not contain the -arch arm etc. flags specified in my call to
> configure.  However, many other calls to gcc do have those flags.

That is because that last phase is not compiling anything: it is linking.
So, the appropriate flags are LDFLAGS. Seems you should add -arch arm and
similar to that variable as well.

> The AR value I specify also does not make it all the way to the lisp stage

My fault. I have not included this as a configurable command. I will search
the code and see what I can change. Momentarily, could you edit cmpmain.lsp
and add the right commands?

Instituto de Física Fundamental
CSIC, Serrano, 113, Madrid 28040 (Spain)