[Ecls-list] Patch: typos in compiler messages

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 1 22:22:40 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 12:09 AM, Josh Elsasser <josh at elsasser.org> wrote:
> I'm not sure that this is right.  The hyperspec says "The scope of the
> label is the expression being read by the outermost call to read".
> The term "outermost call" implies to me that recursive reads should
> use the same context.

Yes, but the syntax part says that the #. has to evaluate the form
before exiting. That means not all #n# forms can be expanded: take for
instance #1=(2 #.(print #1#)) Hmm, maybe one should question
comp.lang.lisp for people's expectations.

Instituto de Física Fundamental
CSIC, Serrano, 113, Madrid 28040 (Spain)