[Ecls-list] Fwd: [killerstorm] New comment on out-of-memory: a sad case.

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 25 15:55:53 UTC 2008

FYI.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Juanjo <noreply-comment at blogger.com>
Date: Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 5:55 PM
Subject: [killerstorm] New comment on out-of-memory: a sad case.
To: juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com

Juanjo has left a new comment on the post "out-of-memory: a sad case":

The next release of ECL will also feature detection and handling of
out of memory conditions, using the facilities provided by the
Boehm-Weiser garbage collector. The code is currently in an unstable
branch of our GIT repository, but seems to work just nice.

$ ecl -norc
ECL (Embeddable Common-Lisp) 8.10.0 (CVS 2008-07-12 18:54)
Copyright (C) 1984 Taiichi Yuasa and Masami Hagiya
Copyright (C) 1993 Giuseppe Attardi
Copyright (C) 2000 Juan J. Garcia-Ripoll
ECL is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see file 'Copyright' for details.
Type :h for Help. Top level.
> (defun testmem (size) (ignore-errors (loop for i upfrom 1 collect (make-array size))))

TESTMEM
> (testmem 1)
GC Warning: Out of Memory! Returning NIL!
Memory limit reached. Please jump to an outer point or quit program.
Broken at SI:BYTECODES.No restarts available.
Broken at TESTMEM.
>> :q
Top level.

Post a comment.

Unsubscribe to comments on this post.

Posted by Juanjo to killerstorm at October 25, 2008 6:55 PM