[Ecls-list] how to use DFFI in ECL?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 21 21:29:55 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 7:40 PM, David A. Ventimiglia <ventimig at msu.edu> wrote:
> How do I use Dynamic FFI in ECL?  Section 3.2 of the manual
> (http://ecls.sourceforge.net/new-manual/index.html) says that there are
> two kinds of FFI, and describes DFFI, but I don't see anywhere it
> explained how to use this.

What the manual describes is a low level implementation of the FFI:
one based on the use of ffi:c-inline, another one based on building
direct calls to functions. You do not need to care abou these details
if you use one of the higher level interfaces UFFI or CFFI. If your
system supports the DFFI interface, then the appropriate calls will be
generated. Otherwise you will need to always compile lisp any lisp
file that contains FFI definitions.