[Ecls-list] deftype propagation in the ECL compiler

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 2 16:31:29 UTC 2008

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at cs.tamu.edu> wrote:
> I updated just 5min ago, but it seems that I do not have all the
> changes: I have the COERCE change, but not the CONS type change.
> And I can confirm that a fresh ECL build failed on the testcase I
> provided earlier.

Of course, if there is no change in src/lsp/predlib.lsp the test cases
will fail. The change is in src/lsp/predlib, more precisely in
register-cons-type
(defun register-cons-type (&optional (car-type '*) (cdr-type '*))
  (let ((car-tag (if (eq car-type '*) -1 (canonical-type car-type)))
        (cdr-tag (if (eq cdr-type '*) -1 (canonical-type cdr-type))))
    (if (or (zerop car-tag) (zerop cdr-tag))
        0
        (canonical-type 'CONS))))

What is the value of ecl/CVS/Root? Is it pointing to sourceforge?
:pserver:anonymous at ecls.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ecls
I followed the instructions at the ECL homepage and right after my
commit the changes were available at the CVS rever :-/