[Ecls-list] Status of CVS

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Fri May 30 15:35:01 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 5:12 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 5:11 PM, Waldek Hebisch
> <hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl> wrote:
>> I wrote:
>>>
>>> Fresh checkout from Common-Lisp.net gives me the same tree as yesterday.
>>> And after build it reports:
>>>
>>> ECL (Embeddable Common-Lisp) 0.9j (CVS 2008-05-22 13:14)
>
> Ok, same problems again :-/ GIT and Sourceforge are fresh new. I have
> verified that.
>
>> Following Sourceforge instruction apparently gave me up-to date
>> tree, but now build fails with the following message:
>
> It may be that not all Linuxes / OSs support the incremental garbage
> collector. I am going to make it configurable. Will upload the patches
> in 10 minutes.

Fixed. Now there is an option --enable-gengc (defaults to no) to activate this.

Tag: (CVS 2008-05-30 17:32)

Sorry for this. In any case, what the previous benchmark showed is
that we have to find out why this break in some platforms, as having
it switched on brings a nice gain in performance.