[Ecls-list] return values of compile-file when erroneous EVAL-WHEN

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Mon May 19 18:46:11 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 8:38 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at cs.tamu.edu> wrote:
> In case of failure, do you think it would be possible to print out the
> offending sub-form that actually made the whole evaluation unsuccessful?

Actually, the compiler does it _always_ for you by default. The code
is in (c::print-current-form). The problem is that it truncates the
output to make it short and if the form was macroexpanded, well, that
makes it difficult to decipher the cause of the error.

My goal is to transform all compiler notes, warnings and errors into
conditions. They should be collected until compilation finishes,
either successfully or because one of the errors was severe. Using
conditions should allow you to capture the errors in an automated way.