[Ecls-list] make fails after cvs update and make clean

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Wed May 14 14:12:33 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Robert Dodier <robert.dodier at gmail.com> wrote:
> ;*** Lisp core booted ****
> ECL (Embeddable Common Lisp)  65536 pages
> ;;; Compiling src:lsp;export.lsp.The function
> C::MAYBE-OPTIMIZE-STRUCTURE-ACCESS is undefined.
>
> What can I do differently here? I was able to build from the then-current
> cvs sources a few weeks ago.

Have you used "cvs update -C -P -d" to get all the new files? Is this
a fresh new build (including the configuration step) or did you try
just to rebuild previously configured sources? You should have new
files in src/cmp/ called cmpclos.lsp, cmpopt.lsp and
cmpstructures.lsp. Seems to me that they are missing and the file
src/cmp/load.lsp.in does not contain references to them. Besides that,
whenever you update from CVS it is recommended to completely remove
your previous "ecl/build" directory since it will not reference any
new files nor contain any different configuration flags.

Cheers,