[Ecls-list] c_string_to_object crash on bad input?

jon klein jk at artificial.com
Tue May 13 01:22:16 UTC 2008

I'm trying to embed ECL into a C program and am running into some
trouble.  Any time any bad data goes into c_string_to_object, ECL
prints out a flood of error messages and eventually crashes.  This
happens with both 0.9j and the latest CVS.

A simple reproduction:

main( int argc, char **argv ) {
	cl_boot( argc, argv );
	c_string_to_object( "'( 1 2 3" );
}

The error messages:

Unexpected end of file on #<string-input stream from "'( 1 2 3">.
Broken at SI:TOP-LEVEL.No restarts available.
0 is an illegal frs index.
Broken at SI:TOP-LEVEL.No restarts available.
0 is an illegal frs index.
[ last two lines repeat until crash ]

I've actually run into similar problems when an error occurs with
cl_eval -- I suspect it's another manifestation of the same issue.
Does anyone know of a solution to this?  Am I doing something wrong?

-- jon klein