[Ecls-list] CVS HEAD: asdf:make-build examples (msvc2005)

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 8 07:38:35 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 8:26 PM, Kamil Shakirov <kamils80 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  When asdf:make-build is executed with :type :program it generates a dll
>  library instead of an executable file. When running with :type :dll the
>  ECL hangs for a few seconds and crashes (or exits?) without generating
>  any object files. You may find logs for both cases below. Types: :fasl
>  and :lib work fine.

The :program case was broken. I made a typo and in asdf-ecl.lisp instead of

(defclass program-op (monolithic-bundle-op)
  ((type :initform :program)))

you will find

(defclass program-op (monolithic-bundle-op)
  ((type :initform :dll)))

This has been fixed now. Regarding the DLL issue, yes, there was a
circular dependency which was not solved. I have fixed that as well.