[Ecls-list] Error trying to build on ARM9

Jeff Cunningham jeffrey at cunningham.net
Thu Mar 20 01:04:20 UTC 2008

cedric cellier wrote:
> Just to let you know that I regularly build ecl on an ARM9 (with 128Mb
> of RAM) without any particular tweacking. Apart from lasting for hours,
> the compilation and installation procedures just work.

Well, this is encouraging.  I had noticed there are some .cc files in
the mix and I didn't have the g++ compiler installed on the ARM9, so I
installed it (took awhile) and reran configure and make. This time it
ended up in a different place w/o giving any trouble visavis the gmp/
build. But I don't know how to interpret where it ended up:

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/jcunningham/installed/ecl-0.9j/build/c'
if [ -f CROSS-COMPILER ]; then \
                touch ecl_min; \
        else \
                gcc  -o ecl_min cinit.o c/all_symbols.o -L./ libeclmin.a
-leclgmp -leclgc  -ldl  -lm  ;\
        fi
sed -e 's, at ecldir\\@,/usr/local/lib/ecl/,g' \
            -e 's, at libdir\\@,/usr/local/lib/,g' < compile.pre > compile.lsp
echo "#" `uname -a` > BUILD-STAMP
head -8 config.log | tail -6 >> BUILD-STAMP
if [ -f CROSS-COMPILER ]; then \
                ./CROSS-COMPILER compile; \
        else \
                ./ecl_min compile; \
        fi
;*** Lisp core booted ****
ECL (Embeddable Common Lisp)  65536 pages
;;; Compiling src:lsp;export.lsp.
;;; Note: Removing unused variable POP
;;; Note: Removing unused variable FINISHED
;;; Compiling (LET (#) ...).
;;; Warning: The variable ENV is not used.
The variable C::*DEBUG* is unbound.
Broken at TOP-LEVEL.No restarts available.
Top level.
SI> :b
Backtrace: TPL > default-debugger > universal-error-handler >
c::default-optimization > c::search-optimization-quality >
c::c1compile-function > c::c1function > c::c1call-symbol > c::c1expr >
c::c1let > c::c1call-symbol > c::c1expr > c::t1ordinary > c::t1expr* >
c::t1expr > compile-file

The ":b" command was obviously mine. What's the verdict? Did it build
all the way?

--Jeff