[Ecls-list] rpath issues

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Mar 18 21:51:20 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 7:02 PM, Peter Adolphs <futzilogik at users.sf.net> wrote:
>  It seems that the wrong rpath is compiled into the ecl executable: it is set to
>  the build path of the library, not to the prefixed library path. I have
>  experienced this with ecl-0.9i and ecl-0.9j but not with ecl-0.9h.

Hi Peter,

sorry for the late answer. After pondering several alternatives, I
have decided to drop all uses of --rpath in all versions of ECL. This
change is effective as of now in the CVS tree (Tag: (CVS 2008-03-18
22:50))

Since ECL now supports standard Unix/Linux paths (i.e. /usr/lib,
/usr/local/lib, etc), this should pose no problem in regular
installations. Other Unix users will have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
include the directory where libecl.so resides.