[Ecls-list] profile fails to build

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 17 08:56:37 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 5:07 PM, Marko Kocić <marko.kocic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Windows XP, gcc-4.2.3, mingw.
>  Profile contrib fails to build with the following message:
>  c:/tmp/ecl/build/ext/profile.c:11: undefined reference to `GC_get_total_bytes'

This is due to a bug (or feature) in dllwrap, which does not export
symbols in libraries which are given in the form -llibrary_name as
oposed to library_name.a I have fixed ECL to provide both libeclgc.a
and libeclgmp.a to dllwrap at build time so that the symbols in these
libraries are also exported.