[Ecls-list] Problems with call-next-method?!?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 14 22:12:18 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 12:44 AM, Pascal Costanza <pc at p-cos.net> wrote:
>  One of the methods looks like this:
>
>  (defmethod asdf:perform :around ((o asdf:load-op) (c asdf:cl-source-
>  file))
>    (handler-case (call-next-method o c)
>      (error ()
>        (asdf:perform (make-instance 'asdf:compile-op) c)
>        (call-next-method)))))
>
>  The first call-next-method seems to work correctly, but the second
>  seems to signal an error.

My mistake. In changing the implementationt effective method
functions, I did not code them all to take two arguments. I have made
a temporary fix, available in the CVS tree, which solves your problem.
I am still waiting for the day in which I find the time and energy to
code a more reasonable implementation -- ideally, AMOP compatible.