[Ecls-list] read and recursive-p

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 5 20:31:12 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 2:20 AM, Raymond Toy <toy.raymond at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's a little test program:
>
>  (with-input-from-string (s "abcdef")
>   (loop (read s nil 'eof t)))
>
>  With gcl, clisp, and cmucl, this loop is an infinite loop.
>
>  However, with ecl, this code produces an end-of-file error.

I have tried this with CVS and it does not happen. I do not have a
0.9j-p1 around to test it. Was it what you are using?

[jjgarcia at quantum ecl]$ ecl
ECL (Embeddable Common-Lisp) 0.9j (CVS 2008-02-16 11:33)
Copyright (C) 1984 Taiichi Yuasa and Masami Hagiya
Copyright (C) 1993 Giuseppe Attardi
Copyright (C) 2000 Juan J. Garcia-Ripoll
ECL is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see file 'Copyright' for details.
Type :h for Help.  Top level.
> (with-input-from-string (s "abcdef") (loop (read s nil 'eof t)))
  C-c C-cKilled by signal 2.