[Ecls-list] Performance comparison

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 29 09:51:11 UTC 2008

Ubuntu, running on an Intel/64 machine (A Quad-core with 8GB RAM),
built with --enable-gengc --enable-smallcons  There have been some
late commits that speed up calling functions about which the compiler
has little information (i.e. functions in other files with no
proclamations, no known C name, etc). I would like to know how much
they helped to get these numbers, but I had not time to do regression
tests.

ECL (CVS 2008-06-29) compiled

real time : 52.687 secs
run time  : 48.530 secs
gc count  : 19 times
consed    : 37225311424 bytes

SBCL (Ubuntu, 1.0.11) compiled

  48.823f0 seconds of real time
  47.51f0 seconds of user run time
  1.32f0 seconds of system run time
  [Run times include 5.14f0 seconds GC run time.]
  0 calls to %EVAL
  0 page faults and
  6,704,283,808 bytes consed.

CLISP (Ubuntu, 2.42) precompiled