[Ecls-list] version of ECL suitable to compile Maxima?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 29 08:14:20 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 3:07 AM, Robert Dodier <robert.dodier at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have applied and committed the most recent patch for Maxima which
> you sent (patch-0.diff, dated 2008-06-23) to patches-for-ecl-branch.

Not really. I checked lmdcls.lisp and it still contains the offending form

#+ecl
(eval-when (:load-toplevel)
  (defun make-unspecial (s)
    (when (symbolp s)
      (ffi::c-inline (s) (:object) :object
                     "((#0)->symbol.stype = stp_ordinary, #0)"
                     :one-liner t))))

When I apply the patches attached (is it the same one I sent you last
time?), from inside maxima/src, the build succeeds on a machine where
it previously did not -- actually with the same error mesage you
printed.

I recommend configuring with --enable-gengc. It does not change the
behavior of ECL, just tells the garbage collector library to use the
generational algorithm.