[Ecls-list] Threaded MSVC broken.

Samium Gromoff _deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru
Thu Jun 26 03:37:04 UTC 2008

From: "Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll" <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: [Ecls-list] Threaded MSVC broken.
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 22:52:47 +0200

> Hi Samium, can you do a last test before I commit? O:-)
> I think the right solution would be not to remove GC_init() (This will
> be dangerous because of the calls relateds to threads after that)

I've just looked at the GC's DllMain(), and my uneducated conclusion
was that the GC_init() is called as a result of the DLL's init routine,
which is initiated by ntdll signalling a PROCESS_ATTACH message to
ecl2.exe being started. That is, if we ignore whe whole PROCESS_ATTACH
message, the next time we get to deal with GC, is cl_boot(). I think.

regards, Samium Gromoff