[Ecls-list] Strange non-catching of error

Geo Carncross geocar at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 21:45:00 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 5:40 PM, Ralf Mattes <rm at mh-freiburg.de> wrote:
> I'd say the error is most likely one solvable by C-t in emacs :-)
> I assume the OP just misstyped \#newline instead of CommonLisp's
> #\newline.

I think OP expected '\#newline to generate an error because SBCL
generated an error; except SBCL didn't generate the error where OP
thought the error was generated, but someplace else.

There may in fact be a bug in ECL, or at least something interesting.
Especially this part:

> > >  I got a different character (sometimes non printable) each time I ran my test script over it, but it didn't complain.

which sounds like uninitialized data to me.