[Ecls-list] Strange error

Waldek Hebisch hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl
Mon Jun 2 22:54:53 UTC 2008

I wrote:

> Well, I used CVS 2008-05-31 01:49.  Doing cvs update gave me the
> same tag and the same build failure.
>
> Release type build worked with randomize_va_space set to 2, but
> I get testsuite failures.  On Gentoo I have randomize_va_space set
> to 1 -- build works and test (except for on or two) pass.  I am
> now trying on Fedora setting randomize_va_space to 1 -- just now
> build went further than all my attempts with randomize_va_space
> set to 2.

Build done with randomize_va_space set to one worked OK.  I have
now fetched version 7.1 of Boehm gc and installed it and re-build
ecl.  Apparently now ecl picked Fedora provided version of Boehm gc,
which seem to be version 7.0.  That looks messy, but the Fedora
gc package only installed .so library (no headers, no .a version),
so ECL was unable to use it.  Installing version 7.1 intalled
headers and .a library, so ECL use it, but for some reason
dynamic linker prefers system installed version.

Anyway, after that FriCAS build went fine and tests work (with
one expected failure).

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl