[Ecls-list] [Maxima] cvs head Maxima compiled w/ ECL => success

Robert Dodier robert.dodier at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 15:02:39 UTC 2008

On 7/28/08, James Amundson <amundson at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

>  I do not understand what is required to get ECL to take the
> asdf description of maxima and turn it into an executable.

Jim, I think maybe the relevant part of the ECL manual is
the following (Section III, part 1, "Building libraries"):

http://ecls.sourceforge.net/new-manual/ch22.html#Internals-What-can-ECL-do-

There is a function to dump out an executable, but I seem to
recall (from when I asked this same question a while ago)
that there is a reason (which I forget) to prefer to merge all
the fasl's into a single fasl (Section 1.6.4) and then load
that via a script. Not sure if the merged fasl approach works
on Windows. Maybe it's better after all to dump an executable.

I never made any progress on this point so good luck on
this exploration & let us know how it turns out ....

Glad to hear from you & I hope all is well.

Robert Dodier