[Ecls-list] FILE* -> Lisp stream?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 13 08:48:45 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 3:31 AM, Mark Hoemmen <mark.hoemmen at gmail.com> wrote:
> My motivation for such a function is that I'd like to to pass an open
> input stream from the C world into Lisp space for Lisp to read from it.

Ok, since it involves absolutely no code at all, I have factored out a function

cl_object ecl_make_stream_from_FILE(cl_object fname, void *fp, enum
ecl_smmode smm)

which implements what was in the second half of ecl_make*_from_fd().
The code for guessing the mode, though, would not be easily ported to
Windows and hence I have left it out. I hope it suits your needs.