[Ecls-list] Swank ECL backend

Julian Stecklina der_julian at web.de
Fri Jan 18 01:45:46 UTC 2008

"Geo Carncross" <geocar at gmail.com> writes:

> Actually I should add that it's only working "okayish" when ecl is
> built with --enable-threads and I've only tested it on Linux, so other
> environments may vary wildly.

I use ECL and Slime from CVS and it drops immediately into the debugger,
which seems to cause yet another error:

The function SWANK::MAKE-WEAK-KEY-HASH-TABLE is undefined.
   [Condition of type UNDEFINED-FUNCTION]

and

In form
("Namestring" (NAMESTRING PATHNAME))
FUNCTION: Not a valid argument "Namestring".

You can do some basic stuff in the REPL, but e.g. swank-backend::arglist
seems completely broken (errors).

The last time I used ECL with Slime (which was sometime last year), it
worked quite ok, albeit without all the bells and whistles of the SBCL
version.

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina
http://berzerkely.net/

"[...] a few rock stars might be able to blast out some insanely
awesome system in three months using Lisp, but it will typically take
a dozen average programmers 18 months to trudge through it in Java,
VB.NET, or C#." - Justin James' TechRepublic Blog