[Ecls-list] Swank ECL backend

Geo Carncross geocar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 01:32:53 UTC 2008

On Jan 16, 2008 6:25 PM, Julian Stecklina <der_julian at web.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> it seems the swank backend for ECL has bitrotted somewhat and has a hard
> time accomplishing anything useful. Does anyone know what's the problem?

Hi, I applied some patches to slime cvs recently to try and help this.
They were designed for ecl cvs, so if you're not building ecl yourself
it'll be difficult to get slime to work with it. It works well enough
for me to do basic things- although the debugger leaves much to be
desired, and I'm working on that now.

Is there something that you had a particular problem with that you
wanted me to look at? Or was it just a general statement about its
being unkept? :)